As part of the submission process, all authors are required to check their submission to guarantee compliance with ALL 13 of the following items. Submissions that do not adhere to these guidelines may be automatically and immediately rejected.
- The submission has neither been previously published, nor submitted to another journal for consideration.
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, RTF, or WordPerfect document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; and all illustrations, figures, and tables have been placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the NAMES Style Sheet, which is found in About the Journal.
- If submitting an article for blind review, all indicators of authorship, professional affiliation, and status have been omitted from the manuscript.
- The entire text has been spell-checked using either US American or British English as the variety standard.
- The main text of your manuscript contains no more than 5,000 words, excluding the endnotes, bibliography, graphics, and any supplementary material.
- If your manuscript has more than one author, one person has been clearly designated as the contact person and that person's full contact details (postal mailing address, email, and work telephone number) have been provided.
- The bibliography conforms to the Author-Date System of the Chicago Manual of Style.
- ALL of the references mentioned in the manuscript have also been included in the bibliography.
- If you have used third-party materials, you have obtained written permission from the legal owner(s).
- You have read and understood the terms contained in the journal's Publication Policy.
Formal submission of a manuscript for possible publication in Names: A Journal of Onomastics will be considered authorial understanding of and agreement with the terms and conditions contained in this journal's Publication Policy.