Please be sure that your manuscript includes the following mandatory components before submission:
- Author details. All authors of a manuscript should include their full name and affiliation. One author must be identified as the corresponding author with an email address. Authors' affiliations are the institutions where the research was conducted. If any of the named co-authors moves affiliation during the peer-review process, the new affiliation can be given.
- Abstract. (max. 200 words).
- Keywords. (between 5 and 7 keywords). At least 2 words should be from the official list terminology used by the International Couoncil of Onomastics (ICOS). See the list of Terminology provided on this website.
- Manuscript. (general introduction; methods; results; discussion; conclusion; references).
- Funding details. In the event your research was funded, please supply all details required by your funding and grant-awarding bodies using the following phrasing:
For single agency grants
"This work was supported by the [Funding Agency] under Grant [number xxxx]." For multiple agency grants
"This work was supported by the [Funding Agency #1] under Grant [number xxxx]; [Funding Agency #2] under Grant [number xxxx]; and [Funding Agency #3] under Grant [number xxxx]." If no such funding was used to finance your research, this element may be omitted from your manuscript.
- Disclosure statement. This section is to acknowledge any financial interest or benefit that has arisen from the direct applications of your research.
- Note on Contributor(s). Please supply a concise biographical note for each author. This description can be adapted from your departmental website or academic networking profile and should be relatively brief (max 150 words).
In addition to the above-mentioned mandatory elements, manuscripts may also include the following optional elements:
- Graphic elements. Charts, fugures, tables, maps, graphs, photographs, etc. may be included in your manuscript. However, they must be formatted in accordance with the NAMES Style Sheet. Authors may be required to pay a fee for color reproductions of graphic elements in the print version of their manuscript. For more information, see "Publication Charges".
- Endnotes. A limited number of concisely written informational notes may be included. Footnotes are NOT allowed.
- Supplemental online resources. Readers may be directed to explore supplemental materials for your manuscript. However, these resources must be limited in size and scope. In addition, authors are responsible for the care and uptake on these online sources.
- Third-party material. Authors alone carry the legal responsibility for obtaining the necessary persmissions to re-use third-party material.
Before you submit your manuscript, be sure to consult the Submission Checklist to make sure you have met all of the publication requirements. Failure to meet these requirements may result in immediate manuscript rejection. In addition, authors are expected to have read the terms outlined in the journal's Publication Policy. Formal submission of a manuscript for possible publication will be understood as authorial understanding of and agreement with the terms contained in the Publication Policy.
If you have any questions about the manuscript preparation, submission, review, revision, or publication process, please feel free to contact the NAMES Editor-in-Chief, Dr. I. M. Nick via the following email address: email@example.com.