NAMES Call for Papers: Ukrainian Names and Naming
In celebration of Ukrainian culture, history, and language, a call for abstract proposals is being issued for a Special Issue of NAMES on Ukrainian Names and Naming. All name types and methods of research are welcome. However, all proposals must include a clearly articulated theoretical framework as well as well-defined research question(s) and a preliminary list of references. Topics for proposed papers include but are by no means limited to the following: controversies in Ukrainian naming policies and practices; Ukrainian names and naming as acts of resistance; Ukrainian names and naming at home and in exile; contested place names in Ukraine.
Proposal Submission Process:
- Abstracts proposals (max. 400 words, not including references) should be sent as an email attachment (PDF format) to Professor I. M. Nick (email@example.com);
- The preliminary reference list should follow the formatting regulations of the NAMES Style Sheet;
- Proposals must include “Ukraine” in the subject line of the email;
- All submissions must include an abstract, a title, the full name(s) of the author(s), the affiliation(s) and email addresses of the author(s) in the accompanying email and NOT within the body of the abstract;
- DEADLINE: Proposals must be received by 15 July 2022. Authors will be notified about the results of the blind review on or by 15 August 2022;
For further information, please contact NAMES Editor-in-Chief, Professor I. M. Nick (firstname.lastname@example.org). We look forward to receiving your submission!