Naming, Identity, and Tourism
Copyright (c) 2021 I. M. Nick
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Naming, Identity, and Tourism. Edited by Luisa Caiazzo, Richard Coates, and Maoz Azaryahu. Newcastle upon Tyne: Cambridge Scholars Publishing. 2020. Pp. vii + 233. £61.99. ISBN 13: 978-1-5275-4286-0.
- Bayraktar, Ahmet and Can Uslay. 2017. Strategic Place Branding Methodologies and Theory for Tourist Attraction. Advances in Hospitality, Tourism, and the Services Industry Book Series. Hershey, Pennsylvania: IGI Global.
- Beals, Rachel. 2019. “Chicago Is Top Tourist Pick Among Big US Cities for Third Year Running.” MarketWatch. https://www.marketwatch.com/story/this-us-city-that-trump-loves-to-hate-is-a-tourists-
- CNN Travel. 2019. “Top Places to See Across the USA.” https://edition.cnn.com/travel/article/best-places-to-visit-united-states/?gallery=3.
- Coffey, Helen. 2020. “Austrian Village that Inspired Frozen Begs Tourists to Stay Away.” The Independent, Jan. 7, 2020. https://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/frozen-village-hallstatt-tourists-
- Fletcher, Hamish. 2015. “Hobbit Fuels Tourism Spending.” New Zealand Herald, Nov. 9, 2015. https://insights.nzherald.co.nz/article/new-zealand-regional-economy/.
- Kolb, Bonita. 2017. Tourism Marketing for Cities and Towns. New York: Routledge.
- Latour, C. F. 1965. “Germany, Italy and South Tyrol, 1938-1945.” The Historical Journal 8, no. 1: 95–111.
- Lotman, Yurij, and B. Uspensky. 1971. “On the Semiotic Mechanism of Culture.” In Critical Theory Since 1965, edited by Hazard Adams and Leroy Searle, 410–23. Tallahassee: Florida State University Press.
- Lock, S. 2020. “Tourism worldwide—Statistics & Facts.” Statistica. https://www.statista.com/topics/
- Meyer, David. 2019. “Why ‘Lord of the Rings’ Remains Such a Big Deal for New Zealand.” Fortune, Sept. 18, 2019. https://fortune.com/2019/09/18/amazon-lord-rings-new-zealand/.
- Mills, David. 2011. A Dictionary of British Place Names. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- Pinchefsky, Carol. 2012. “The Impact (Economic and Otherwise) of Lord of the Rings/The Hobbit on New Zealand.” Forbes, Dec. 14, 2012. https://www.forbes.com/sites/carolpinchefsky/2012/12/14/the-impact-economic-and-otherwise-of-lord-of-the-ringsthe-hobbit-on-new-zealand/#2909a82c31b6.
- Steininger, Rolf. 2017. South Tyrol: A Minority Conflict of the Twentieth Century. New York: Routledge.
- Travel and Leisure. 2019. “The 15 Best Cities in the United States.” https://www.traveland
- UNWTO. 2020a. “About Us.” Accessed April 11, 2020. https://www.unwto.org/who-we-are.
- UNWTO. 2020b. “Competitiveness.” Accessed April 11, 2020. https://www.unwto.org/tourism-competitiveness.
- US News & World Report. 2019. “Best Places to Visit in the USA.” https://travel.usnews.com/rankings/best-usa-vacations/.
- Vellas, François, and Lionel Bécherel, eds. 1999. The International Marketing of Tourism and Travel: A Strategic Approach. New York: MacMillan.
- Walker, Richard. 2018. “Hobbiton Marks Two Decades Stronger Than Ever.” Wiakato Business News, Apr. 10, 2018. http://wbn.co.nz/2018/10/04/hobbiton-marks-two-decades-stronger-than-ever/.
- Westenberg, Kerri. 2019. “Minneapolis is runner-up to Chicago in Conde Nast Readers’ Choice Awards.” Star Tribune, Oct. 25, 2019. https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/article/minneapolis-is-runner-up-to-chicago-in-conde-nast-readers-choice-awards/ar-AAJkYWF.
- World Travel and Tourism Council. 2019. “Travel and Tourism Economic Impact 2019 World.” Accessed April 11, 2020. https://wttc.org/en-gb/.