Copyright (c) 1983 Maney
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
- Dunkling, Leslie Alan. First Names First. New York: Universe Books, 1977.
- Grizzard, Lewis. “At Least One Candidate Has a Bird Dog’s Name.” Atlanta Constitution, 24 June 1982, p. A-2/2.
- Kolin, Philip C. “Personal Names in the South.” Encyclopedia of Southern Culture, ed. Charles Wilson and William Ferris, in press. Chapel Hill: Univ. of North Carolina Press,1984.
- Pyles, Thomas. “Bible Belt Onomastics; or, Some Curiosities of Antipedobaptist Nomenclature.” Names 7 (1959) 84–100. Reprint in Thomas Pyles: Selected Essays on English Usage, ed. John Algeo, pp. 152–66. Gainesville: Univ. Presses of Florida, 1979.
- Pyles, Thomas. “Onomastic Individualism in Oklahoma.” American Speech 22 (1947) 257–64. Reprint in Thomas Pyles: Selected Essays on English Usage, ed. John Algeo, pp. 144–51. Gainesville: Univ. Presses of Florida, 1979.