- Jewish naming
Copyright (c) 2021 Thomas Gasque
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
In Memoriam: Edwin D. Lawson (1923-2021)
- Callary, Edward. 2021. Email from Ed Lawson, July 2.
- Gasque, Thomas, J. 2007. “Edwin D. Lawson: Scholar and Gentleman.” Names 55, no. 4: 305–316.
- Lawson, Edwin D. 1971. “Semantic Differential Analysis of Men’s First Names.” Journal of Psychology 78, no. 2: 229–240.
- Lawson, Edwin D. 1983a. “B-29 Bomber Names in the Pacific: Gravel Gertie, the Ancient Mariner, and Four Roses.” Literary Onomastics Studies 10: 161–166.
- Lawson, Edwin D. 1983b. “Social Science Contributions to Names.” Names 31, no. 4: 235–335.
- Lawson, Edwin D. 1987. Personal Names and Naming: An Annotated Bibliography. Westport, CT: Greenwood.
- Lawson, Edwin D. 1990. “Nicknames: An Annotated Bibliography.” Names 38, no. 4: 323–363.
- Lawson, Edwin D. 1995. More Names and Naming: An Annotated Bibliography. Westport, CT: Greenwood.
- Lawson, Edwin D. 1997a. “Some Jewish Personal Names: An Annotated Bibliography.” In These Are the Names: Studies in Jewish Onomastics, edited by Aaron Demsky, Joseph Reif, and Joseph Tabory, 83–149. Ramat Gan: Bar-Han University Press.
- Lawson, Edwin D. 1997b. “New Horizons for the American Name Society.” Names 45, no. 2: 152–56.
- Lawson, Edwin D., Zinaida S. Zavyalova, and Richard F. Sheil. 2015. Tatar First Names from West Siberia: An English and Russian Dictionary, with Native-Speaker Pronunciation CD. San Diego, CA: HTComGroup.