Field-Collecting in Onomastics
Copyright (c) 1979 Maney
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
- Bennett, John W. 1948 “The Study of Cultures: A Survey of Technique and Methodology in Field Work,” American Sociological Review 13, 672–689.
- Cassidy, Frederic G. 1968 Dane County Place-Names (Madison, Wisconsin: The University of Wisconsin Press).
- Dundes, Alan 1962 “On the Psychology of Collecting Folklore,” Tennessee Folklore Society Bulletin 28, No. 3, 65–74.
- Goldstein, Kenneth S. 1964 A Guide for Field Workers in Folklore (Hatboro, Pa.: Folklore Associates).
- Harvey, S.M. 1938 “A Preliminary Investigation of the Interview,” British Journal of Psychology 28, 263–287.
- Hoskins, W.G. 1967 Fieldwork in Local History (London: Faber and Faber).
- Ives, Edward D. 1973 A Manual for Field Workers (Orono, Maine: The Northeast Folklore Society).
- Kurath, Hans 1939 Handbook of the Linguistic Geography of New England (Washington, D.C.: American Council of Learned Societies).
- Lindgren, E.J. 1939 “The Collection and Analysis of Folklore,” The Study of Society: Methods and Problems, ed. by Sir Frederic Bartlett, et al. (London: Routledge and Kegan Paul), 328–378.
- Macdonald, Donald A. 1972 “Fieldwork: Collecting Oral Literature,” Folklore and Folklife, ed. by Richard M. Dorson (Chicago: University of Chicago Press), 407–430.
- McIntosh, Angus 1961 Introduction to a Survey of Scottish Dialects (Edinburgh: Nelson).
- Nadel, S.F. 1939 “The Interview Technique in Social Anthropology,” The Study of Society: Methods and Problems, ed. by Sir Frederic Bartlett, et al. (London: Routledge and Kegan Paul), 317–327.
- Nicolaisen, W.F.H. 1961 “Field-Work in Place-Name Research,” Studia Hibernica 1, 74–88.
- Nicolaisen, W.F.H. 1963 “The Collection and Transcription of Scottish Place-Names,” Atti e Memorie del VII Congresso In di Science Onomastiche, Vol. II (Firenze: Tipografia Francolini),105–114.
- Oftedal, Magne 1968 “Some Sources of Error in Linguistic Field Work,” Celtic Studies: Essays in Memory of Angus Matheson 1912–1962, ed. by James Carney and David Greene (London: Routledge and Kegan Paul), 109–117.
- Paddington, Ralph 1957 An Introduction to Social Anthropology, Vol. II (Edinburgh: Oliver and Boyd).
- Richards, Audrey I. 1939 “The Development of Field Work Methods in Social Anthropology,” The Study of Society: Methods and Problems, ed. by Sir Frederic Bartlett, et al. (London: Routledge and Kegan Paul), 272–316.
- Samarin, William Y. 1967 Field Linguistics: A Guide to Linguistic Field Work (New York: Holt).
- Smith, A.H. 1954 The Preparation of County Place-Name Surveys (London: English Place-Name Society).
- Wraight, A.J. 1954 “Field Work in the U.S.C. and G.S.,” Names 2, 153–162.