Copyright (c) 1986 Maney
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
- Baker, Ronald L., and Marvin Carmony. 1975. Indiana Place Names. Bloomington: Indiana Univ. Press.
- Bolinger, Dwight. 1975. Aspects of Language, 2nd ed. New York: Harcourt Brace Jovanovich.
- Bond, Zinny S., and Sara Games, n.d. Implications of Misperceptions in Conversational Speech. In Proceedings of the Eighth International Congress of Phonetic Sciences.
- Fries, Charles C., and Kenneth L. Pike. 1949. Coexistent Phonemic Systems. Language 25, 29–50.
- Games, Sara, and Zinny S. Bond. 1975. Slips of the Ear: Errors in Perception of Casual Speech. In Proceedings of the Eleventh Regional Meeting of the Chicago Linguistic Society, 214–25.
- Games, Sara, and Zinny S. Bond. 1977. The Relationship between Semantic Expectation and Acoustic Information. In Proceedings of the Third International Phonology Meeting, 285–93.
- Games, Sara, and Zinny S. Bond. 1980. A Slip of the Ear: A Snip of the Ear? A Slip of the Year? In Errors in Linguistic Performance, ed. Victoria A. Fromkin (New York: Academic Press), 231–39.
- Haugen, Einar. 1950. The Analysis of Linguistic Borrowing. Language 26, 210–31. Krapp, George P. 1925. The English Language in America, Vol. I. New York: Century.
- Kuhns, Oscar. 1901. The German and Swiss Settlements of Colonial Pennsylvania. New York: Eaton and Mains. Repr. 1971 by Gryphon Books (Ann Arbor).
- Labov, William. 1972. Sociolinguistic Patterns. Philadelphia: University of Philadelphia Press.
- Murray, Thomas E. (pending). The Language of St. Louis, Missouri: Variation in the Gateway City.
- Palmer, Rev. A. Smythe. 1883. Folk-Etymology. New York: Henry Holt. Repr. 1969 by Greenwood (New York).
- Weinreich, Uriel. 1953. Languages in Contact. New York: Linguistic Circle of New York.